Contact: Jennifer.Edwards@Daimler.com or Katja.Bott@Daimler.com
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – (March 6, 2018) – Visitors to the Freightliner Trucks booth (#4659) at the 2018 Work Truck Show can explore a wide breadth of truck models, as well as powertrain and connectivity solutions that meet the needs of vocational applications during the exhibit running from March 7-9, 2018.
“All of our vocational and medium-duty products are designed for applications requiring reliable products,” said Kelly Gedert, director of product marketing for Freightliner and Detroit Components. “Whether we’re developing new powertrain technologies or working with bodybuilders to make the upfitting process as efficient as possible, our priority is to provide the right solutions for our customers’ applications.”
The Freightliner Trucks booth will feature several vocational, medium-duty and alternative-fuel solutions including:
• Freightliner 114SD Set-Forward Axle model with a Detroit™ DD13® engine and Allison 4500 Rugged Duty Series™ (RDS) automatic transmission. The truck has custom interior options installed by SportChassis, and an Ox Bodies dump.
• Freightliner 114SD Set-Back Axle Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) SwapLoader roll-off truck with a 50,000 lbs. dump capacity and 50,000 lbs. lift capacity. The truck has a Cummins ISX12 G engine and Allison 4500 RDS automatic transmission.
• Freightliner M2 112 Set-Back Axle CNG model with a Cummins ISL G engine, Allison 3500 RDS automatic transmission, and Elgin body.
• Freightliner M2 106 Set-Back Axle model spec’d with a Detroit DD5™ engine and Allison 2500 RDS automatic transmission with Power Take-Off (PTO) provision. The truck is upfitted with a Valew closed back fuel and lube system.
• Freightliner M2 106 Set-Back Axle bucket truck spec’d with a Cummins B6.7 engine, Allison 3500 RDS automatic transmission with PTO provision and a Posi+ LineRunner cable placer, which has as working height of 40 feet.
• Freightliner M2 106 Set-Back Axle truck spec’d with a Cummins B6.7 engine and Allison 3500 RDS automatic transmission with PTO provision. The truck is upfitted with an Altec chip box.
• Freightliner M2 106 Set-Back Axle with a Cummins ISB 6.7 engine and Allison 2500 RDS automatic transmission with PTO provision. The dual steer truck has custom interior options installed by SportChassis.
In addition to truck models, also on display in the Freightliner booth will be the Detroit DD5, Detroit DD8™ and Detroit DD13 engines. The DD8 was unveiled at last year’s Work Truck Show and recently started vehicle production, and the DD5 engine – Detroit’s first medium-duty offering – is chosen by one-third of customers when there is technical coverage for their application.
Detroit engines are built for power and efficiency. Along with ease of maintenance, they have the longest service intervals in their class. Included with the DD5, DD8 and DD13 engines is the Detroit Connect™ Virtual TechnicianSM remote diagnostics service. This feature allows fleet managers to make informed service decisions without compromising uptime.
To learn more, go to the Freightliner Trucks booth #4659 at the Work Truck Show or go to www.freightliner.com.
About Freightliner Trucks
Freightliner Trucks is a division of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and is the leading heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets Class 5–8 trucks and is a Daimler company, the world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.
The Detroit™ Connect portal is easy-to-use, one-stop-shop for all vehicle performance data gathered, transmitted and analyzed by Detroit Connect. The portal gives you access to insights delivered by Detroit Connect Virtual Technician℠. The Detroit Connect portal will also give you access to new features, such as Remote Updates, and Analytics, available late 2017.Detroit connect portal login
DDCSN serves as both a public customer website and secure service portal to access DETROIT branded product service and parts information, tools, training, and more. Here you can access a wide range of product literature such as operator mauals, warranty booklets, and even service bulletins. You can also find parts catalogs, sales and marketing programs, webinars, and much more.DDCSN Login
DTNA Connect is the starting point for working with all brands and franchises that fall under the Daimler Trucks North America umbrella: Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, SelecTrucks, Sterling, Freightliner, and Western Star. Here, you can access the full spectrum of online applications, resources and tools you need. Whether you use DTNA online resources to complete repairs, purchase parts, submit warranty claims, spec new vehicles or track the status of your truck orders, DTNAConnect streamlines the tasks and activities that are part of your daily work routine.DTNA Connect Portal Login