Contact: Jennifer.Edwards@Daimler.com or Katja.Bott@Daimler.com
• Detroit Connect Direct provides customers immediate and secure access to customized vehicle location, performance, driver behavior and safety data
• The Detroit Connect platform links with any device, allowing HOS data to be delivered via Detroit Connect authorized apps
• Detroit Connect Direct and wireless in-cab device connection add to the already extensive portfolio of connectivity features from DTNA
Portland, Ore. - (June 7, 2018) - Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) announced the introduction of two new connectivity services into its Detroit Connect portfolio - Detroit Connect Direct and a wireless in-cab device connection. Exclusive to the new Freightliner Cascadia® spec’d with Detroit™ engines, these new services will expand communication and reporting capabilities and provide deeper insights for customers.
Detroit Connect Direct provides fleets with direct access to critical information such as vehicle location, fault codes and diagnostics, fuel performance, safety data and driver behavior. With Detroit Connect Direct, customers can select which data sets they want, how much and how frequently they would like that data made available so it can be imported into their backend systems.
“In addition to the vehicle-centric services we provide today, we understand that our customers have different business requirements as well as a variety of roles in their business that need accurate and timely information to help them perform their daily functions effectively,” said Jason Krajewski, director of connectivity for Daimler Trucks North America. “Detroit Connect Direct is all about empowering our customers by providing on-demand information they can tailor to meet their specifications and allow them to run their business more efficiently and profitably.”
The proprietary Detroit Connect platform will also link wirelessly with an in-cab device via Bluetooth, which allows hours of service (HOS) data to be delivered to Detroit Connect authorized Electronic Logging Device (ELD) apps. This provides the necessary information required from the vehicle to meet the federal ELD regulations without the need for any additional pieces of hardware.
“We are streamlining the ability for customers to receive critical information such as vehicle performance and hours of service reporting,” said Krajewski. “The Detroit Connect platform continues to enhance the benefits our customer can achieve through vehicle connectivity.”
The Detroit Connect platform also enables over-the-air engine parameter changes and extraction of engine reports. These latest innovations reinforce DTNA’s overall commitment to delivering connected vehicle services.
DTNA was the first truck OEM to offer remote diagnostics services with the introduction of Detroit Connect Virtual Technician℠ more than seven years ago. This innovative technology gives customers new insights into engine, transmission and aftertreatment fault events and is available on all Detroit engines, including the Detroit DD5™ and DD8™, across all DTNA truck models. The access to this vital information helps customers improve uptime, and their bottom lines.
Detroit Connect services also include Remote Updates and Analytics, which can all be accessed through the Detroit Connect portal.
• Detroit Connect Remote Updates, exclusive to the new Freightliner Cascadia, enables customers to securely make over-the-air engine parameter changes and download Detroit Diesel Engine Control (DDEC) performance reports for one or more trucks. The cellular-based Remote Updates can be easily implemented via the Detroit Connect portal. Fleet managers no longer have to wait for their vehicles to be brought in to the shop to change key parameters on their vehicles. They can quickly and easily make parameter updates at a time convenient for the fleet.
• Calculating a fleet’s fuel efficiency can be very time consuming. With Detroit Connect Analytics, fuel managers no longer need to pull data from various sources to determine how their vehicles are performing. Detroit Connect Analytics, through a dedicated section of the Detroit Connect portal, automatically translates critical fuel consumption and/or safety data into interactive and easy-to-understand reports that provide actionable insights for increased vehicle and fleet performance.
“Since the launch of our remote diagnostics service – Detroit Connect Virtual Technician – we have sought new opportunities for customers to interact with data on their terms, in ways that meet their needs.” said Krajewski. “DTNA will continue to lead innovation through advanced, customer-focused solutions that have a measurable impact on their business.”
For more information go to www.DemandDetroit.com/Connect.
Detroit offers a complete line of heavy-duty diesel engines, axles, transmissions, safety systems and connected vehicle services for the commercial transportation industry in both the on-highway and vocational markets. Detroit™ products are sold and serviced through a network of hundreds of locations throughout North America. For more information, or to locate the nearest Detroit location, visit DemandDetroit.com. Detroit™ is a brand of Detroit Diesel Corporation, a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America.
The Detroit™ Connect portal is easy-to-use, one-stop-shop for all vehicle performance data gathered, transmitted and analyzed by Detroit Connect. The portal gives you access to insights delivered by Detroit Connect Virtual Technician℠. The Detroit Connect portal will also give you access to new features, such as Remote Updates, and Analytics, available late 2017.Detroit connect portal login
DDCSN serves as both a public customer website and secure service portal to access DETROIT branded product service and parts information, tools, training, and more. Here you can access a wide range of product literature such as operator mauals, warranty booklets, and even service bulletins. You can also find parts catalogs, sales and marketing programs, webinars, and much more.DDCSN Login
DTNA Connect is the starting point for working with all brands and franchises that fall under the Daimler Trucks North America umbrella: Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, SelecTrucks, Sterling, Freightliner, and Western Star. Here, you can access the full spectrum of online applications, resources and tools you need. Whether you use DTNA online resources to complete repairs, purchase parts, submit warranty claims, spec new vehicles or track the status of your truck orders, DTNAConnect streamlines the tasks and activities that are part of your daily work routine.DTNA Connect Portal Login